Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Secret Life of....SEX

Last night I was putting some things away in the dining room and kept hearing, "sex blah blah blah sex blah blah blah sex...i started counting, in about a minute in a half conversation on TV I counted the word Sex about 11 times. I walked in to see what my 9 year old was watching....The Secret Life of an American Teenager....I said what in the world, can they say SEX anymore? What is the deal? I don't know much about this show, it looked like a decent show, looked ok for kids...but can we promote SEX anymore? I am going to have to to some You Tubing of the past episode I think!!! Does anyone watch this show? I am going to watch it next Monday jsut so I can count from the beginning how many times they say SEX!!!

5 comments:

Jillene said...

WOW--that is crazy. I don't watch it and I have actually never even heard of it until now. My kids won't be watching it anytime soon!!

Cassie said...

I've watched it. It's pretty ridiculous. A 15 year old girl gets pregnant, and the only real ramifications are that she ends up going to summer school while her rich boyfriend (who's not the father) gets to go to Italy. Like I said, ridiculous!

Megan said...

not a show I think i would let my kids watch. It is like Cassie said. 15 yr old gets pregnant and all the teenage drama that goes with dating and relationships, but they but a huge emphasis on the sex thing. I would definitely youtube some past ones to see for yourself before letting them watch it again!

lesley said...

i love it, i watch it every week!

kim said...

You're back :) I've never seen the show, but I hear it's like the hottest thing on TV right now..which is probably the reason I'll avoid it. I'll stick to Ghost Hunters and Dexter (season 4 starting in Sept!!)