Saturday, February 28, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
Answered by Macy, age 9, Since Emily Age 14 is having an "I can't stand my mom" moment!!
2. What makes mom happy?M: "When her kids don't fight"
3. What makes mom sad?M: "When she is out of Diet Pepsi"lol
5. What was your mom like as a child?M: "in her words good...in grandma's words...mean to her siblings"
6. How old is your mom? M: 36...she was right!
7. How tall is your mom?M: "5 ' 6"
8. What is her favorite thing to do?M: play cards
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?M: "i dont know because obviously i am not around"....see...mouthy 14 year old!! lol
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?M: "drinking hte most Dt pepsi"
12. What is your mom not very good at?M: "communicating....nice!
14.What is your mom's favorite food?M: "i know this....Mexican food" BINGO
15.What makes you proud of your mom?M: "let me think about this one hold on....waiting...waiting...don't look at me like that...can we come back to that one, i want to say something good on that one"
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?M: "Matilda"
18. How are you and your mom the same?M: "I have her attitude"
19. How are you and your mom different?M: "She has red hair".
20. How do you know your mom loves you?M: "She buys me things"...nice...guess what....not anymore!!
Ramblings of a Cray Momma had this over on her blog, which has a new look by the way...looks great, I was her 3rd commenter over there...so now it is my turn! This will be fun!!
Went to Weight watchers last night and lost another 5.6 pounds!! I am so excited! I love this diet. I have to adjust my points this week, shouldn't be a big deal since I really wasn't using all of my allotted points anyway.
While we were at the meeting, my 9 year old went with me, the leader was talking about "feeling" hungry and how alot of people will eat even when they don't have that feeling. My 9 year old says, "that's what I would do!", out loud in from of about 20 people. Everyone laughed and she was quite embarrassed as I don't think that she meant to say it that loud! Before we went in to the meeting she wanted to know if she could take her Doritos in with her...."I don't think that would be a good idea honey!"
Well...TGIF...I hope everyone has a great weekend! Rainy here today and getting cold again over the weekend...yea me!!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Yet Another Jay and Deb Production.
with a touch of ammonia maybe?
I have already checked
We have already checked this....
Then i will be forced to say......So....if I am sick for the rest of the week ...you can assume that I have been poisoned by whatever this god awful, putrid, horrifying smell is.......until then.....i am stepping outside for a bit of fresh air!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
So now her dad and i are arguing because I feel since I am the one that imposed this grounding, the step mom should have taken it up with me before deactivating the account. I feel she overstepped her boundaries.....what do you think? I now have a bawling 14 year old here, she had a ton of pictures and pictures that she created, friends and alot of "meaningful" things to a 14 year old on here. Needless to say I AM PISSED. This isn't the first time this step mom has overstepped her boundaries, but of course her husband, my ex husband only sees her side of it!
At 9am 14 years ago i was being taken to the delivery room for a C section. While they were prepping me, my mom and mil were out in the lobby taking pictures of a baby. Cooing and awing over this little baby that had "my button" nose etc...only to find out...it wasn't their grandchild yet...like they thought it was!! I think I have a picture of that "someone elses " baby somewhere! Emily was born about 930am. She was the best baby ever. Slept alot, never cried, slept all night thru at only 4 weeks old..she was perfect! She was and still is the best thing that ever happened to me!! Happy Birthday Emily...I can't believe you are 14!! You will always be my baby!!!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
A Jay and Deb Production.
I have a China Doll
She’s beautiful and so fair
And when she needs anything
I will always be right here
Eyes as blue as the sky
Hair so pretty and long
This China Doll is my heart and soul
She’s so special in every way
For this doll I will have tried to do everything and more
And for her I’ll never stray
My China Doll is my daughter
If you haven’t guessed by now
She is my heart, my soul, my life
I’ll be here for her forever
Emily Dawn you are my China Doll!
I love you always!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
My friend Kim hasn't called yet for an update to her surgery, so I can't share anything about that with you just yet. As soon as I hear anything though i will be sure to pass it on!
The post here about John's possible birth mother....we got the DNA test in the mail this week and sent it in, she sent hers n today...so hopefully by the end of the week we will know something. They have talked on the phone a couple of times and via IM....very interesting to say the least. If this is not his birth mom....than it is one hell of a coincidence!!
My daughter asked me at the beginning of the week if we would take her and some friends to see Friday the 13th.....I said, "do you know how many people will be trying to get in to see that on Friday the 13th?" So I promised to take her in a week or so....what is one more "Jason" movie? lol
John is on his 30th day of sobriety....exactly one month today and still doing great, still not even craving a drink....now for a job!! It is nice having him home, house is kept clean, laundry is done, etc...but it isn't good for him, he is getting stir crazy.
I went to my first weight watchers meeting last night....I think I can do this. I am kind of excited about it too. I am allowed so many points a day, so far today I have done well. Breakfast I had, hard boiled egg, plain english muffin, for a snack i had a 100 calorie cheese nips and an apple. Lunch I had yogurt, 1/2 a muffin, 100 calorie snack pack....so, so far so good today. My problem is, I am not a breakfast eater. If I eat breakfast i am hungry all day long it seems....so we will see....i ran off a bunch of recipe's and points today, so I will be doing my "weight watchers" grocery shopping this weekend!!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
My life...lol, I could probably write a book or be a Lifetime movie!!
I think I was lost for a long time. That is the only way to explain it. I wasn't raised the wrong way, I didn't have a bad childhood, I had a great family life, very close and very involved, great siblings, great memories....the only thing I can conclude was that I was lost!!
I feel like I have gotten a second chance at life. I have two great kids...most of the time. I have an awesome family and a wonderful man. I am not going to disappoint any of them! The past is the past and although some mistakes are hard to forgive myself for I am trying. If it wasn't for my family or my girls I don't know where I would be.
There were times when I put myself first ALL the time. Selfishness...what an awful trait to have. I would like to say that I have finally outgrown that. If I can make my girls remember one thing in life it will be, don't be selfish...it could ruin you!
I hope my kids can look back at their childhood and say that is was as good as mine was. I have the best childhood memories! My mom and dad were/are the best parents anyone could ever ask for. Stern but loving...very loving. Granted my parents have been married for 30+ (almost 40) years, and I am divorced....my girls have adapted and they have overcome alot! This used to worry me, but seeing them growing up as loving, happy, smart girls...I am ok with it now.
All I want now is to settle in a house that they can call home, no more moving, and make the best of every minute of the rest of their lives. I know the rest will fall into place from there.
Thank you to everyone who has endured the hard times and the pain, the highs and the lows in my life, and the ones who will be there until the end!! I love you guys and honestly don't know where I would be without you. Especially my mom and dad!! Here is to a new life, I am finally loving myself!!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
3. I have a bad habit of stealing lighters...they just end up in my pockets then they are MINE!!
4. I drive entirely too fast because my speedometer doesn't work...when i drive a car that does have a working speedometer...i realize how fast i really drive.
5. I snore.....it is irritating i guess...but i do it!
6. I have no patience when it comes to other people's kids...i don't know why...i just don't...
7. The week before "my friend" visits I am a B.I.T.C.H and the older I get the worse it gets....
.....ok...this is an exaggeration...but i feel like this sometimes....
9. I am a horrible horrible procrastinator!!!
10. I would hit snooze 10 times if John would let me get away with it. I have slept completely through my alarm a time or two!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
I can't stand you. You are depressing, cold and wet, none of which i find comfort in. You make me want to stay in bed all day when you appear. You make my bones hurt, you make me very sleepy. You make is hard to see and drive in and you just plain and simple make all things ugly.
I know we can't live without you but do you really think it is necessary to make an appearance just when all of your couterparts, (snow and ice) have melted away and left everything all muddy and messy already? You know the saying..."rain rain go away, come again another day"....Angie can't stand you!
Monday, February 9, 2009
1. Parents....i love my parents of course, I don;t know what i would do without them!!
2. Peanuts ...the saltier the better!
3. Pepper - i pepper everything! Especially when i am cooking.
4. Pants - any comfy pants!! If I could wear them 24/7 i would...ask John!! lol
5. Prime Time TV!!! lol
6. Pickles...omg those big deli pickles....mmmm
7. Picking...yes i am a picker...and unfortunately my youngest daughter has taken after me.
8. Picnics...i like going for picnics in the summer
9. Partner ...I love my partner/boyfriend, John he makes me proud of him day after day.
10. People...i love people, i am a people person..John calls it nosy...but i really love people!
That wasn't so bad...if you would like a letter let me know and i will send you a letter as well!!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
- I am the oldest daughter of 4 kids. (3 girls and 1 boy)
- My only brother is 15 years younger than me
- I was the first grandchild on my mothers side of the family and my oldest daughter was the 1st grandchild as well
- This is my favorite number
- I played softball for about 20-25 years...(from age 9 until i was 33 or 34)
- I have never gone by my real name...Angeline
- I went to Catholic school all 12 years.
- I have 2 daughters 5 years apart
- I have never broken a bone, had stitches or been hospitalized other than for my pregnancies
- I was a breech baby and my oldest daughter was also a breech baby
- I used to be able to tie a cherry stem with my tongue...(aren't you glad you know that about me now?)
- I went to nurses training right out of HS and quit after 1 1/2 years and never went back...if i knew then what i know now!!
- I used to be a 'wild child'....to have the money I wasted in bars....sickening
- People always comment on my eyes
- I have moved 16 times in 13 years....and never left Zanesville (not proud of moving that many times!)
- I am bipolar...hence the moving 16 times maybe? But i take medication and i feel the best i have in a long time.
- I love love love to play Canasta on Pogo!!!
- I miss my grandparents everyday, as much as i did the day they passed.
- I used to be very selfish, i am getting better at it though
- I laugh alot
- I cry easily
- I am big hearted...sometimes too big
- I miss my niece and nephew
- I love to eat
- I used to be able to eat anything i wanted and not gain a pound...then i grew up!
- I have had grey hair since I was pregnant with my oldest...i was 21 years old!
- I switch between blonde and auburn when i color my hair...i am partial to auburn
- My daughters are the most beautiful girls i know
- People used to stop my mom when i was a baby just to tell her that I was the most beautiful baby they have ever seen....right mom?
- I weigh the most i have ever weighed right now
- I gained almost 60 pounds when i was pregnant with my first born
- My boyfriend is someone i met 18 years ago and we reconnected on Myspace
- I have been married 2 times....(not proud of that, but shit happens)
- I have only ever been "in love" 2 times and it wasn't either of my marriages....sad
- I love to make bracelets and do crafty things
- About 3 months ago I read about 6 books in ONE month
- My parents have been married for almost 40 years...for this I am truly proud of and grateful for
- My kids are my rock
- I love nothing more than my comfy pants and an over sized sweatshirt/t shirt.....love them!
- Spelling a a pet peeve of mine...and there is a difference between typos and spelling things wrong!
- I have worked since i was 16 years old
- My first car was a Chevette that my dad had before me...what a gem on gas!!
- I love to be in control...does that make me a control freak?
- If i think back to my childhood i can still smell my moms perfume scent
- I am a procrastinator...although i think i am getting better as i get older
- I loathe spiders, snakes and mice...equally!
- There were only 41 people in my graduating class and 1/2 or more are probably on Facebook!!
- I am A.D.D.I.C.T.E.D to Diet Pepsi, namely fountain dt pepsi
- I have to have ice in my freezer at all times...and it must be a bag of ice...no ice trays!
- I love the smell of coffee but can't stand the taste of it. I can honestly say i have NEVER drank a cup of coffee..tasted, but not drank a cup
- I flew for the 1st time when i was 34 years old, to go see my sister in California
- I am proud of John, my boyfriend, and his sobriety
- Fall is my favorite time of year
- At one time i knew every part of an engine, could name them if pointed to...i dated a motorhead in high school...it impressed his motorhead friends! lol
- I clearly remember my Great grandma and her pantry...
- I had artificial nails on for about 15 years...have been without for about 3...and really don't miss them
- I have socks on at all times...I love socks
- I love chocolate and Peanut butter
- I do not use soap on my face, I use baby wipes with Aloe
- I love to color with colored pencils
- I have an obsession with ink pens and am very picky about the kind i write with....lol
- I used to have a thing with neatness in my writing, i used to copy and recopy my notes in HS until they were neat enough for my satisfaction.
- I am hooked on Reality TV
- I used to wear nothing but gold...now the only thing i have that is Gold is my mother's ring.
- I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with: my cigarettes, food and my ex husbands.
- When I am moved to do so I can write poetry and have a notebook of alot of the poems that I have written.
- I was Homecoming attendant my Sophomore, Junior and Senior year in High School.
- When I played Fast pitch softball in HS we were only a "club" because we had just started it and were not sanctioned yet....we sucked!!
- I only regret 2 things that I have ever done...and they will remain a secret, i will take them to my grave.
- Not proud of and I am ashamed to admit....but...I almost terminated my pregnancy with my 2nd daughter, I was already a single parent struggling and knew I would be in that boat again someday...and I was/am...but I don't know what I would do without her.
- I love my life right now, probably more than ever as an adult
- I am afraid I am going to repeat things...this is getting hard to do.
- I go to Circle K everyday to get a fountain Diet Pepsi
- I have about 165 friends on Facebook and I can honestly say I know all of them, and tell you how I know them.
- I don't have much of a tolerance for waiting in line...i am very impatient
- I love walking in the snow at midnight
- I used to make fun of my dad and his snoring...but from what John and my kids tell me I am just as bad!!
- I used to let people walk all over me...but anymore I tend to open my mouth more and more
- The older I get the more I find myself saying things that my mom used to say to us growing up and I swore I would never say to my kids!
- Tough love is hard for me to practice
- ahhhh 20 more
- I check my email, facebook, myspace, my blog several times a day...am I sick?
- When I checked my cell phone online a couple of days ago my daughter had 2013 text messages....I don't get it!!!
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE our new house!
- I sit on my "arse" way too many hours in day!
- I hate drinking water
- I hate dieting
- When I was younger I used to make a sandwich with chicken of the biscuit crackers, Swiss cheese, yellow mustard and dill pickles....I still to this day make it and still love it!
- Little constant noises irritate the crap out of me....snapping, gum cracking...etc
- I used to wonder why my mom would look at me with a disgusted look and ask "are you about done?", whenever we would eat chips or something in the living room when we were little...now that I am a mom i know why...that crunching sound! ugh!!
- I never had a detention, Saturday school or anything throughout my grade school/HS career!
- When I was 21 I got a tattoo on my ankle. An aunt offered me $100.00 NOT to get it...I should have taken the $100.00!!!
- When I was about 17 I locked my keys in my car about 3 times in a matter of weeks. Once my spare set was even in the car...needless to say my dad was not happy with me.
- Growing up my parents hardly ever really fought. But I can remember 2 yelling matches/fights very clearly to this day. And I can remember my sister and I sitting in our bedroom talking about who we would live with if they got divorced! haha...all because of a silly little fight!
- I can remember the first time i ever heard my mom drop the "F" bomb!!
- I would love to take a photography class
- Sometimes I wish I could come home to an empty house, be lazy, do what I want, watch what I want, eat what i want when i want....is that selfish?
- Although I believe in God and pray every night before i go to sleep, I don't got to church on Sundays like I did as a child and growing up...sometimes I feel guilty about that.
- If I ever won the lottery I would make sure that my immediate family is taken care of and I would donate $ to breast cancer research.
- This was really harder than I thought it would be!
Now you know about all there is to know about me!! I am looking forward to another 100 posts with all of you!!
This awesome prize package includes:
* An amazing 500 thread count sheet set (You choose the size).
*A set of 2 Memory Foam Pillows. !
* all the little extras:
Sheet spray, lotion and candles.
A set of soft and spa towels.
$30 Gift Card to Target for anything else you could possibly need/want.
And, winner's blog will be featured as the Friday Favorite the first Friday of March! How cool is that...do you know how long people wait to be featured on SITS?
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
- We have still been in contact with the lady who thinks she may be John's birth mother. We have exchanged pictures, alot of resemblances, answering questions, learning more and more. Next step is probably going to be a DNA test, which is about $325.00...
- Have you looked up the word "laziness" in the dictionary? Let me know if this is what it says......
Laziness : (verb) - your daughter getting a D+ in Gym...Phys Ed!!!
Yep...my oldest (13 yr old) daughter got a D+ in gym class!! All A's & B's in everything else...but a freaking D+ in gym class....c'mon. I told her I would rather see an F in Math than a D in gym...i expect nothing less than an A in gym FROM NOW ON. Grounded...NO cell phone and computer for the 1st 3 weeks of the grading period. Of course she "doesn't know" why this happened!!
- We got moved into our new house...we love love love it! I will post pics later today, I am at work right now - shhhh. The driveway is a little tricky, especially in the snow/ice. We (John) only got the Uhaul stuck once!
- John's rehab is delayed indefinitely. We couldn't get there because of the weather, now that he is 20+ days sober on his own, he is not a "priority" for this free rehab. The people being detoxed go first. So...he is going to go to AA meetings and we will go from there...he is doing awesome though!!
I think that is all I have time for for now. I will post again tonight...and keep checking back for my 100th post!!!