Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Your result for Are You a Jackie or a Marilyn? Or Someone Else? Mad Men-era Female Icon Quiz...
You Are an Ingrid!
You are an Ingrid -- "I am unique"
Ingrids have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Give me plenty of compliments. They mean a lot to me.
- * Be a supportive friend or partner. Help me to learn to love and value myself.
- * Respect me for my special gifts of intuition and vision.
- * Though I don't always want to be cheered up when I'm feeling melancholy, I sometimes like to have someone lighten me up a little.
- * Don't tell me I'm too sensitive or that I'm overreacting!
What I Like About Being an Ingrid
- * my ability to find meaning in life and to experience feeling at a deep level
- * my ability to establish warm connections with people
- * admiring what is noble, truthful, and beautiful in life
- * my creativity, intuition, and sense of humor
- * being unique and being seen as unique by others
- * having aesthetic sensibilities
- * being able to easily pick up the feelings of people around me
What's Hard About Being an Ingrid
- * experiencing dark moods of emptiness and despair
- * feelings of self-hatred and shame; believing I don't deserve to be loved
- * feeling guilty when I disappoint people
- * feeling hurt or attacked when someone misundertands me
- * expecting too much from myself and life
- * fearing being abandoned
- * obsessing over resentments
- * longing for what I don't have
Ingrids as Children Often
- * have active imaginations: play creatively alone or organize playmates in original games
- * are very sensitive
- * feel that they don't fit in
- * believe they are missing something that other people have
- * attach themselves to idealized teachers, heroes, artists, etc.
- * become antiauthoritarian or rebellious when criticized or not understood
- * feel lonely or abandoned (perhaps as a result of a death or their parents' divorce)
Ingrids as Parents
- * help their children become who they really are
- * support their children's creativity and originality
- * are good at helping their children get in touch with their feelings
- * are sometimes overly critical or overly protective
- * are usually very good with children if not too self-absorbed
Monday, December 29, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
this is angie's sister
trying to hook her up with a new getup here
somethings are not working out...
so don't be surprised if this changes everytime you visit
over the next day!
i am still working ang!
- My first most favorite sound would have to be my kids' voices. I love listening to them talk. I may complain that they never hush it at times...but I LOVE to listen to them, especially when they think I am not listening!
- I love the sound of rain when I am sleeping, as well as thunderstorms.
- I love the sound of Amy Grant's voice. It is the most calming voice I think I have ever heard.
- I love the sound of the ocean...and putting a shell to your ear to hear it is NOT the same sound!
- I love the sound of fingernails tapping on a hard surface.
- I love the sound of cracking bubble gum, not to be confused with the smacking of the lips etc while chewing gum!
- I love the sound of a cat purring.
- I love the sound of my mons voice on the other end of the phone when she is in a good mood!
- I love the sound of coins hitting on a slot machine....who doesn't, right??
- You may think I am weird for this one...but...I love the sound of shattering glass, glass breaking. It is just a stress reliever for me...
Well, there you have it, 10 of my favorite sounds. I can't wait to see some of your favorite sounds!! Let me know and I will stop by!
Monday, December 22, 2008
I did not start my car and let it run for 20-25 minutes this morning...that would have been a complete waste of gas even though it was -12 outside!!
I did not play Canasta for 3 hours Saturday morning before anyone woke up...that would have been horrible, considering all the laundry I could have done!
I did not laugh at my daughter when she came running out of the house Saturday, only to trip over her feet, fly across the sidewalk and land in the grass...that would have been a terrible thing for a mother to do. (She was fine, and I knew that before I did not start laughing)
I did not hide the cookies that my mom made, so no one would eat them all before I got home from work today...would that have been considered selfish? (just wondering, of course I didnt really do that!)
I did not get Christmas cards to send out, only to not get them signed and mailed....how awlful would that be? (there is always next year, right? I will be right on top fo it next year!)
And as always...I most certainly did not fill this out while I was at work...what kind of employee would do something like that on comapny time?
Friday, December 19, 2008
Here are the bloggers that I believe really deserve this award:
Thursday, December 18, 2008
3.) Last night it snowed buckets and you are forced to spend the entire day at home with your family...what's the plan!?!
Yea!!! A snow day, when hte roads are bad and you aren't supposed to be on them! My favorite kind of day. We will get up, see that schools are cancelled on WHIZ (our local channel). You will hear a "yes, no school" then mom will see "Level 3 Snow Emergency" flash across the screen, "yes, I can't get to work"....back to bed we go for a bit, all snuggling on mom's bed of course. Flip thru the channels find something to watch, probably a good Lifetime movie...we love them! Finally get up and go look out the windows at the freshly fallen beautiful snow. Make some lunch, play cards on the computer, play some Skipbo, play Brain Age on the DS. Snack, nap, play, watch a movie, dinner, play some more......then get ready for bed and pray for another snow day tomorrow.....we LOVE snow days here!!!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Matt from My side of the story gave me this one...and
Becky from Wife of Riley, who is Matt's wife gave me this one. If you haven't checked out their blogs you should do so, they are a "husband and wife" team and they are very fun to read!!
Monday, December 15, 2008
The award states "This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
I am now passing this award on to some of my great new blog friends!! Enjoy!
And anyone else who would like to have the award...you are all great!
This is where we spend Christmas and were Memories are made!!
Here are some pictures of our tree and the girls...
I hope you enjoyed a look into "our" Christmas. God Bless everyone and Merry Christmas!!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
And last but not least...a little something more season appropriate....
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Mama Kat over at her place has some prompts to chose from today. I picked the one about the Best Listener I Know.
That would have to be my sister, "Tess". No matter what she is doing or what is going on she always takes the time to listen to you. Anytime I need to vent about something, which really is hardly ever - haha, I know I can count on her to listen. Whether she agrees with me or not, believes me or not, cares about what I am ranting about or not, really hears me or not....she is always there. Maybe she will say, "I don't know", or "huh", or "just don't worry about it"....it makes me feel better to talk to her. You may have to leave a message for her to call you back, especially if one of her shows is on, but she will call you back....and she will LISTEN.
I wish I could say the same for myself. Often times I will find myself thinking, " what did he/she just say to me?" Listening is definitely a great quality to have. Maybe I have become accustomed to tuning out unnecessary blabbering coming from TA and DQ fighting....I may hear you...but sometimes I am not listening. I think I am going to make this one of my resolutions. To work on really listening to people. To stop what I am doing; playing a game in the net, blogging (oh that will be difficult), or pause my show....I am going to be a better listener!!
"One friend, one person who is truly understanding, who takes the trouble to listen to us as we consider a problem, can change our whole outlook on the world."
— Dr. E. H. Mayo
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
My sister started doing this and I would read hers everyday. I started doing it but wasn't sure where she was finding all these neat people who were commenting on her blogs. So I started getting a little nosier,which is something I do quite well if I don't say so myself. And now I am looking into Bloggers Anonymous!!
Anyway I thought I would share a little about myself for all of my new blog friends.
I am a single mother of 2 beautiful, wonderful daughters. Which has been quite challenging to say the least! Single moms.....my hats off to you! My oldest, who I will refer to as TA, for Teenage Attitude, will be 14 in February. My youngest who we will call DQ for Drama Queen, will be 9 on Monday. They are the most important people in my life, if it wasn't for them I don't know where I would be today. I used to be ashamed to admit it, yes, I have been married 2 times. Each time I married for the wrong reasons, I made a mistake, or 2, (haha) but who hasn't? I have learned from it and I have moved on. If it wasn't for those "wonderful" marriages, I wouldn't have my girls! My boyfriend and I have been together for about a year. I knew him about 18 years ago. He left the day after he graduated to go to the Marines. I heard from him one time, about 13 years ago, then reconnected with him thru Myspace about a year ago. We already knew each other so we just had to catch up! He lived in the town where I now work and eventually moved in with me. He has a son who is 7. John (thats my bf's name by the way) works construction for a local construction company. He treats me great, treats my kids great and is my best friend. I am content and very happy for the first time in a long time!
I work as a Staffing specialist for a staffing company. I love my job, but hate the drive, it is about 40 minutes away. I know that isn't far for some people, but for me it is. So yesterday I had an interview at a place that is in the same town that I live in, keeping my fingers crossed. I feel that the interview went well. (It better have, since interviewing people is what I do for a living, I had better be able to interview myself!!) Anyway, I will keep you posted in that.
I have lived in the same town all my life. I am the oldest of 4, I have 2 sisters and a brother. The brother is 15 years younger than I am....I believe he was a "surprise" baby!! About 3 years ago my sister, the next to oldest, moved to California with her husband and kids. That was the first "big" move for anyone in our family. We are a close family so that was an adjustment, but what an adventure for them!! If I could do it I certainly would. That sister is the one that got me turned on to Blogging. Can anyone guess who it is? I don't have anything to give away as a prize, but it can still be fun! I will give you a hint, she is a "mommy"...lol. My other sister lives here still with her new husband and her dogs! She just had a beautiful wedding in February!!
That is about all I can think right now about "me". I am at work and should probably get to working :), but this is so much more fun! If anyone has any questions or wants to know anything about me, just ask. I like to talk, share stories and get to know other people.
Thanks for taking the time to read about me and my family!! I love reading each and everyone of your blogs, love the new ideas and information. My boyfirned probably doesn't care for all of you as much, since I am on the computer reading alot at night...but he will be ok!! (Love you John) - that should make things better!
Have a great day everyone!!
Monday, December 8, 2008
RULES: There are 100 statements and you bold the ones you have done. Grab it and play for yourself!!
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept in an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse (solar)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person - i don't remember it though
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten cavier.
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chicken pox
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Read an entire book in one day
A few number are missing, but play along!!
Sunday, December 7, 2008
8 TV shows I love to watch:
1. Desperate Housewives
2. Samantah Who
3. The new 90210...and yea I am 36 years old...but I love it!
6. Starter Wife
7. Real Houswives of Orange County
8. Lipstick Jungle
8 Things That Happened Yesterday:
1.Woke up at 650am
2. Worked from 7a-7p from home
3. Went to my daughers Basketball game
4. Cooked Beef Stew
5. Watched TV
6. Made little sausages to snack on in the crock pot
7. went to grocery
8. Went to bed
8 Favorite Places to Eat:
1. Olive Garden
2. Red Lobster
3. This mexican place here, don't know how to spell it
6. Taco BEll
7. Market House
8 Things That I Am Looking Forward To:
2. day off
3. winning the lottery
4. evenings at home
6. spending time with my family
8. traveling someday
8 Things On My Wish List:
1. ONE day that i can go ALL day without yelling at my kids
3. to win the lottery
4. my very own house
5. my kids to stay little
6. health, love and happiness
7. a warm fuzzy robe
8. happy fulfilled life for my kids
8 People I Tag:Anyone who wants to. Just leave me a comment so I can go and read all of your answers.